How to get the last frame of a video file ?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sat Jan 25 09:01:50 PST 2014

On Sa, 2014-01-25 at 08:29 -0800, adrien_sch wrote:
> I understand these mecanisms, one thing that I don't, is why the frame
> (56500000000) is found and throw to the decoder, but never displayed by the
> video sink.
>
> I validate this point by setting a buffer probe after the decoder
> (avdec_h264).

Ah that's the problem, sorry I missed that in your previous mails. Do
you get the decoded frame after the decoder as the very last frame...
but it never arrives in the sink? It should be possible from the debug
logs to trace this frame further downstream and see where it last
appears. That should help to limit the areas of code where to look for
the bug...

Expertise, Straight from the Source