gstreamer not finding plugins in Windows

Eugen Dedu Eugen.Dedu at pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Jan 29 15:23:17 PST 2014

Hi all,

I need gstreamer and its plugins for Windows.  I cross-built with
mingw-w64 gstreamer and gst-plugins-base.  I copied libgstapp-1.0-0.dll,
libgstbase-1.0-0.dll and libgstreamer-1.0-0.dll and other libraries and
my .exe to the Windows machine, but I have errors with gstreamer not
finding some plugin.

I copied gst-inspect-1.0.exe to the same directory.  When I execute it
with -a, it shows at the end:
Total count: 1 plugin, 2 features
[bin and pipeline]

I do not succeed in making app or other plugin available.

I tried copying libgstapp-1.0-0.dll and libgstvideo-1.0-0.dll to the
same directory, to ../lib/gstreamer-1.0, ../lib/gstreamer-1.2.2
(according to
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Installing+on+Windows): in all
the cases gst-inspect-1.0 shows 1 plugin and 2 features.

I also did:
set GST_PLUGIN_PATH=C:\lib
and
set GST_PLUGIN_PATH_1_0=C:\lib
and copied the libgstapp-1.0-0.dll and libgstvideo-1.0-0.dll in C:\lib:
the result is the same.

How could I tell gstreamer (or my program) where to look for plugins?

--
Eugen