baseparse converting seek event from format BYTES to TIME

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jan 30 11:30:55 PST 2014

On Do, 2014-01-30 at 14:23 +0100, Eric Trousset wrote:
> After more investigation I found the root cause. It looks like the bugs happens with mpegts container, when the GST_SEEK_FLAG_SKIP is used.
> You can reproduce with playback-test program, adding the "Play Skip" option. The seek will fail!

Yes, if you look at the code:
  if (flags & (GST_SEEK_FLAG_SEGMENT | GST_SEEK_FLAG_SKIP)) {
    GST_WARNING ("seek flags 0x%x are not supported", (int) flags);
    goto done;
  }

This has to be implemented, or at least the SKIP flag should be just
ignored in the TS demuxer. Fixed here for now by ignoring:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/commit/?id=9682e44db649cd0a993ac18e25bb6173262e5939

For the segment flag there is a bug in Bugzilla already, quite easy to
implement if someone actually needs that.

Expertise, Straight from the Source