Camerabin - how to specify size of image for capture

Thiago Santos thiago.sousa.santos at collabora.com
Fri Jan 31 06:51:45 PST 2014

On 01/31/2014 05:15 AM, Ian Davidson wrote:
> To clarify - I have not used the git master before and I don't know
> the process.

You will need to clone and build the gstreamer modules. Check the
developer instructions at http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/dev/

and use git to clone the modules you need, I'd recommend using a
gst-uninstalled setup so that you don't have to install the binaries to
your system. You can find instructions about it at the 'scripts' dir on
the core gstreamer module or at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/scripts, look for
gst-uninstalled and create-uninstalled-setup.sh

Then you just need to build the modules from the uninstalled setup.
Build by running './autogen.sh' from the module, remember to check the
final output listing the plugins that are enabled and the ones that
aren't. If a plugin you need/want is disabled, check if its build
dependencies are installed on your system and run autogen.sh again. Then
just run make and it should build.

If you have a sample application/script that shows the problem, you can
send it to the list for other devels to look if it is correctly using
camerabin.

--
Thiago