How to bypass prerolling

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Jan 31 12:40:33 PST 2014

Le vendredi 31 janvier 2014 à 23:55 +0530, Yogesh Tyagi a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> The plugin I am working on makes use of pre roll buffering provided by
> hardware so I want to bypass gstreamer prerolling. Is it possible to
> bypass prerolling for sink element.

Basesink has a property named async, setting it to false will
effectively disable asynchronous state change, enabling your element to
implement your own asynchronous state change (which is mostly what
preroll is all about, letting GStreamer know when first frame reaches
the display so we see something in pause). If you prefer to simply
disable display of the first-frame, GstVideoSink has the
show-preroll-frame that would let you do that, but it's not ideal since
it would not be coherent. For more details, I would suggest getting
familiar with GstBaseSink and GstVideoSink base classes.

cheers,
Nicolas