Avoid audioconvert to reduce CPU usage

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Wed Jul 2 05:10:35 PDT 2014

audioconvert (as well as the other transform elements) switch to
passthrough mode if they do not have to convert anything. It wont
convert anything then. If you can run your pipeline without
audioconvert, then it should be possible to leave it in and let it set
itself in passthrough mode. Are you sure audioconvert really is
converting something?