Echo acoustic on iOS device

Elio Francesconi elio.francesconi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 01:43:24 PDT 2014

Hi all,
thanks to your supposrt I’ve released a voip application based on GStreamer :-) https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/ipdoor/id881935787?mt=8
Unfortunately our customer are complaining about acoustic echo on iPad devices.

I’m using Grstreamer version 1.2.4 and I’ve added a schema about my two pipelines, it seems osxaudiosink and osxaudiosrc generate a bad acoustic echo,

Someone has experience on such kind of issues?

#             .-------.      .----------.     .---------.   .-------.   .-------------.
#  RTP        |udpsrc |      | rtpbin   |     |pcmadepay|   |alawdec|   |osxaudiosink |
#  port=5002  |      src->recv_rtp recv_rtp->sink     src->sink   src->sink           |
#             '-------'      |          |     '---------'   '-------'   '-------------'
#                            |          |
#                            |          |     .-------.
#                            |          |     |udpsink|  RTCP
#                            |    send_rtcp->sink     | port=5007
#             .-------.      |          |     '-------' sync=false
#  RTCP       |udpsrc |      |          |               async=false
#  port=5003  |     src->recv_rtcp      |
#             '-------'      '----------'

This is a schema about the pipeline to send audio content
# .-----------.    .-------.    .-------.      .----------.     .-------.
# |osxaudiosrc|    |alawenc|    |pcmapay|      | rtpbin   |     |udpsink|  RTP
# |       src->sink    src->sink    src->send_rtp send_rtp->sink     | port=5002
# '-----------'    '-------'    '-------'      |          |     '-------'
#                                           |          |     |udpsink|  RTCP
#                                           |    send_rtcp->sink     | port=5003
#                 RTCP       |udpsrc |      |          |               async=false
#               port=5007    |     src->recv_rtcp      |

Thanks a lot for your support!
Elio