gstreamer1.0-plugins-good package on devel PPA for Ubuntu Precise

Geoff Adams geoff.adams at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 19:07:37 PDT 2014

I did a little more digging and I'm pretty convinced that the problem is
indeed that after GStreamer 1.0.8, a dependency on Pulseaudio >= 2.0 was
added, and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise only provides Pulseaudio 1.1. So users
of distros based on Precise are "stuck" on gstreamer1.0-plugins-good
version 1.0.8, with no cairooverlay element.

I'm guessing my best option then will be to go back to using GStreamer 0.10.