Seeking h264 with appsrc

slayer69 69slayer69 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 02:48:57 PDT 2014

Hi, im trying to seek h246 frames on my pipeline with appsrc. My pipeline is
appsrc ! avdec_h264 ! d3dvideosink. When I change position to X I must
decode all frames from Iframe to my X Pframe. For example I want to seek to
5th Pframe, and frames duration is 400000000. the timestams of buffers are
t0 = 0, t1 = 400000000, ... t4 = 2000000000. I want to seek to t4 frame but
without playing previous frames, but with no luck.

My appsrc need-data callback is reading data from my own buffer list.
My process of seeking:
1. prepare data
2. send seeking event
3. read data from need-data callback function

My seek event looks like, where time is my t4 and rate is 1.0:

gst_event_new_seek(rate, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
        GstSeekFlags(GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH | GST_SEEK_FLAG_ACCURATE |
GST_SEEK_FLAG_SEGMENT),
	GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, start,
	GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE, GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE));

What i'm doing wrong? I have to send another segment event?? If yes, with
wich values? I'm little confused with all that arguments and all gstreamer
times (pipeline time, buffer stream time...) to set correct values.