Record audio into adpcm format with gstreamer

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Jul 9 09:16:59 PDT 2014

Le mercredi 09 juillet 2014 à 17:32 +0200, Mailing List SVR a écrit :
> I think you can use mkv to mux adpcm in a standard container, you need
> recent enough gstreamer release I added this to mkv recently you need
> one of the latest 1.0 releases,

It's not supported at the moment. But if matroska can support it, you
could extend matroskamux too.

> if you want to playback using gstreamer you can use gdp too,

This works indeed, I keep forgetting about it. Note it's GStreamer
specific. For the reference:

Record,
gst-launch-1.0 audiotestsrc ! avenc_g726 bitrate=1600 ! gdppay !
filesink location=test.gdp

Playback:
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.gdp ! gdpdepay ! avdec_g726 !
pulsesink

cheers,
Nicolas