Stream syncronization using identity

Sudhir vndkst at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 23:03:56 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to synchronize stream using identity element(as my sink element
do not have sync option).  Also I have to add 10 second delay in output
stream, to achieve this I have added 10 second delay to x264enc ouput buffer
pts. Following are my observations.

When identity element is used with sync=1, first buffer is pushed
immediately but second buffer is blocked for 20 sec.

gst-launch filesrc location=file.ts ! decodebin ! x264enc ! identity sync=1
! checksumsink

But when I use syc property checksumsink for synchronization, first buffer
itself is blocked for 20 seconds and pushed after 20 seconds.

gst-launch filesrc location=file.ts ! decodebin ! x264enc ! checksumsink
sync=1

Why the sync behavior of identity element is different from checksumsink ??

~ Sudhir