tracer branch

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Jul 14 12:31:26 PDT 2014

hi,

I just rebased by tracer branch at:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ensonic/gstreamer/?h=tracer
and want to start some discussion about integrating this into GStreamer.
I have already squashed a few things in the branch, but it still
contains a bit of history to show what I have been trying so far.

A design doc is here (containing command-line examples):
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ensonic/gstreamer/tree/docs/design/draft-tracing.txt?h=tracer

The whole topic is quite complex and it is not easy to just 'add' the
feature. What I am proposing is to merge the changes (after review and
cleanups), but mark the API as unstable (with a define a la
GST_TRACER_ENABLE_UNSTABLE_API). That gives us time to evolve things.

Stefan