fpsdisplaysink doesn't work with fakesink?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 11:48:39 PDT 2014

Hi! We're currently trying to track down some sluggishness in our pipelines
while handling 4k videos. We wanted to instrument a bunch of standard
elements like videoscale and videoconvert to see how their performance
varied as frame sizes increased.

We had planned to use fpsdisplaysink with fakesink, but the combination
doesn't work.

If we try something like this:

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc pattern=1 !
"video/x-raw,format=YV12,width=1440,height=900" ! fpsdisplaysink
video-sink=fakesink text-overlay=false

Then we never get any output on stdout past "New clock: GstSystemClock"

Is there some way to fix this, or are there better ways to measure the raw
throughput of various elements under various conditions?

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.