HLS -> x264enx -> file

buzzy zygjys at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 04:44:50 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to sink HLS stream to a valid h.264 encoded file. Currently, I
have the following pipeline:

 gst-launch-1.0 -q souphttpsrc location=http://x.x.x.x/stream.m3u8 !
hlsdemux ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! \
	x264enc ! mpegtsmux ! filesink location=video.mp4

This pipeline works, but the video is bad: in the beginning of the video
(first 10 seconds) everything is great. Then there's a small glitch after
which video seems to be very fast forwarded. I've tried to add videorate
element in the pipeline, but with no luck: pipeline doesn't want to work
with it (it creates video.mp4 file, the size of it is growing slooowly and
the file is corrupted). So could you help me out here?

Thank you