v4l2videodec with imx6 coda

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Jul 23 07:01:34 PDT 2014

Le mercredi 23 juillet 2014 à 00:16 -0700, Jens Kleintje a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the v4l2vídeodec plugin gstreamer version 1.4 with the
> imx6 coda driver on a imx6q sabre smart device board.
>
> The patches for the driver are available under:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg77198.html
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg76875.html.
>
> Did anyone tried this?

I haven't got recent feedback about that from the team at Pengutronix
(now in CC). I know they already have a set of elements that covers
their needs, so it might not have been prioritized yet. Though, I think
with recent proposed changes to linux-media tree, to split the encoder
and decoder to use seperate /dev/videoX node (which endup cleaning up
things), there shouldn't be to much debugging to get it working, if it
does not work already. I would really appreciate feedback if by chance
you have the time to look at it. If you need anything, you can find me
on IRC too, freenode #gstreamer, my nick is stormer.

cheers,
Nicolas