Questions about decodebin

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Jul 27 05:32:19 PDT 2014

On So, 2014-07-27 at 10:24 +0200, Bernhard Graaf wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a simple pipeline in C with regarding links:
>
> tcpclientsrc ! decodebin name=d ! queue ! videoconvert ! xvimagesink d. !
> queue ! audiocovert ! audioresample ! pulsesink
>
> I'm using gestreamer 1.2
>

> The TS-Stream has more then one Audio-Stream. The capability of these
> Audio-Streams are available before decodebin (language, format, .) and I
> recognise theses with the 'autoplug-continue' signal of decodebin.
>
> So my question is:
>
> - Is there any function to find out which input-stream in decobin will be
> the 'src_%d'-pad on output-side?

You can use the stream-id from the STREAM_START event for that, or
alternatively you can use the language tags if available.

> - Is any example available to save, unlink and link in runtime the different
> 'src_%d'-pads (because of selecting a different language or format)?

In playbin this is handled with an input-selector to which all streams
are connected, and then the input-selector API is used for selecting
streams.

Otherwise it's normal dynamic pipeline stuff.

Expertise, Straight from the Source