1.4 GStreamer and the Black Sheep GL plugins

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Tue Jul 29 05:49:52 PDT 2014

In general, video sinks either create their own window, or take control
of a window that is specified by supplying the window's handle to the
sink. The second variant is what is used for embedding sinks into user
interfaces.

glimagesink does the same. So, there is no need to worry about manually
showing some textures.