Encoding and streaming video+audio to UDP

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 03:53:23 PDT 2014

It will probably help your case if you are a little bit more detailed about
what you mean when you say quality is an issue. That doesn't tell much
about the stream. Maybe if you recorded into a file and posted a link to it
and at the same time explain what you are unhappy about wrt. quality.

So what do you by 'remain an issue' specifically mean?

Do you get good quality if you set bitrate to say 3000?

What's wrong with non square pixels as a bandwidth saver? Do you have a
faulty player that does not respect the PAR information? What does the
player do?

With 1200kbps for 700x400 at 25fps you should be able to get an okay stream if
you optimize the encoding process, but it won't be fantastic. But it also
depends on source quality and amount of movement/change.

Regards