Is Skew calculation needed for transmuxing

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 05:46:55 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm receiving Mpegts transport stream from an FTA IP IRD. I'm converting TS
to HLS using hlssink and playing it on iOS Safari

My playback is very jerky. It seems when I analysed the input, there are lot
of jitters and input is not smooth and I constantly get following errors

*calculate_skew:1440 delta - skew: 5124095:34:27.189829850 too big, reset
skew
calculate_skew:1440 delta - skew: 0:00:03.293972703 too big, reset skew*

My question is, can I safely disable this clock skew computation since I
know the sender's clock is pretty good? Will it lead to any repercussions?

Thank you so much in advance :)

~BO