linker error 'gst_pad_new_from_template'

rdg rdg at rmcore.com
Thu Jun 5 14:40:28 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom gstreamer plugin for Android. I have
downloaded the API from gstreamer.com and have compiled the tutorials.

I have been able to compile an initial example plugin but the code does not
link. I am receiving the following error:

error: undefined reference to 'gst_pad_new_from_template'

Is the function gst_pad_new_from_template part of the gstreamer library? Or
is it a function that I need to write myself?

Thanks,
rdg