rtsp over UDP proxy

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Jun 11 01:14:03 PDT 2014

On Tue, 2014-06-10 at 22:54 -0700, mouse9911 wrote:

Hi,

> I would like to allow multiple clients to pull an RTSP stream over UDP from
> an existing gstreamer pipeline. I have compiled gst-rtsp-server and the
> examples, but I am not sure if it serves the RTSP stream over UDP, or at
> least I cannot get it to work in this way.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of how I could accomplish this?

Without more information about what exactly you've tried it's hard to
guess what the problem is. gst-rtsp-server can serve streams both over
UDP and TCP. If you use rtspsrc/playbin as RTSP client with an rtsp://
URI, they will try UDP first and fall back to TCP if they haven't
received any UDP packets for a few seconds.

Are you trying this on a local network? The same host? Through a NAT-ed
router? Have you checked your firewall settings?

Cheers
 -Tim