Using hardware codec in Android

sazzad1009 sazzad1009 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 13:32:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

I was trying to have the following pipeline running on a Sumsung Gasaxy S4:

data->pipeline = gst_parse_launch("souphttpsrc
location=http://samples.0x5c.me/sintel_trailer-480p.mp4 ! qtdemux !
h264parse ! amcviddec-omxqcomvideodecoderavc ! glimagesink", &error);

However, getting the error "Unable to build pipeline: no element
"amcviddec-omxqcomvideodecoderavc".

Device's media_codec.xml shows that it supports the codec:

       <MediaCodec name="OMX.qcom.video.decoder.avc" type="video/avc" >
</MediaCodec>

I was using "android-tutorial-3" with different version of the android sdk
build with cerbero as well as off the shelf binaries (i.e.
gstreamer-1.0-android-arm-1.2.4.1-debug.tar.bz2), but no one made any
difference in the outcome.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is there any testing I can do to
find out the specific problem?

Probably this question has been asked many times in the past, however didn't
find any answer that solves my problem.

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks in advance!