gstreamer to gst-rtsp-server

mouse9911 mouse9911 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 09:00:16 PDT 2014

Hi,
I would like to connect a live UDP stream from gstreamer to gst-rtsp-server
locally on the same server. The live UDP stream comes in from a remote
source and is tee'd on the server, one branch I would like to have go to
gst-rtsp-server to be served over RTSP.

To connect the tee'd stream to gst-rtsp-server I am currently using a
udpsrc/udpsink on localhost. My problem with this is that I would like
gst-rtsp-server's udpsrc to allocate a free udp-port and pass this back to
gstreamer to stream on through localhost (using udpsink).

Does anyone know how to do this? I have been hitting my head against the
wall for a little while and am not sure if having the tee'd stream
communicate over udpsrc/udpsink on localhost is the right way to do this.
The video feed is a live stream.

Thanks!