Closing a file with filesink

Lee Matthews lma at spaceapplications.com
Thu Jun 19 07:05:04 PDT 2014

Hi

I'm trying to close a file by sending an EOS to the pipeline and then setting the pipeline to a READY state. I send the eos, but I never receive on EOS event on the pipeline's bus, meaning that gst_bus_timed_pop_filtered blocks indefinitely.

My pipeline : souphttpsrc location=http://localhost:7921 ! matroskademux ! vp8dec ! videoconvert ! pngenc ! identity ! filesink location=

--

gst_element_send_event (pipeline_image, gst_event_new_eos ());

g_print("!!!!!Start EOS wait\n");
gst_bus_timed_pop_filtered (GST_ELEMENT_BUS (pipeline_image), GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE, GST_MESSAGE_EOS | GST_MESSAGE_ERROR);
g_print("!!!!!Stop EOS wait\n");

g_print("Setting state to ready\n");

if (gst_element_set_state (pipeline_image,  GST_STATE_READY) == GST_STATE_CHANGE_FAILURE)
{
	g_print("Failed to set pipeline to READY\n");
	g_main_loop_quit (loop);
	return CAPTURE_STATUS_FAILURE;
}

--

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks
Lee