Gaussianblur causes large latency

landy 280896541 at qq.com
Fri Jun 20 01:50:05 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I wanna to add a blur effect onto my video, but when I did it with plugin
gaussianblur, the performance turned very low. I searched a lot via google,
but no luck.

Here is the commandlines:

gst-launch-0.10.exe videotestsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=25/1,
width=1024, height=768 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! gaussianblur sigma=10 !
autovideoconvert ! autovideosink

and logs:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
WARNING: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstD3DVideoSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-d3dvideo:
A lot of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesink.c(2873): gst_base_sink_is_too_late ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstD3DVideoSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-d3dvideo:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.
[...]

The problem only occurs when the size of video is big, like 1024x768. If I
resize video to small one, for instance, 320x160, it's OK.

I know that if I add "sync=false" to autovideosink element will solve a
little, but since i am going to play audio in the same time, so this is not
suitable to me. It will cause sync problem.

So, guys, please give me a hand.
Thanks a lot.

-Landy