Retreive pipeline

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Jun 23 06:29:55 PDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-06-23 at 15:21 +0200, Marco Trapanese wrote:
> Il 23/06/2014 12:47, Dušan Poizl ha scritto:
> > gst-play most likely use this pipeline
> >
> > playbin name=play ! autovideosink play. ! autoaudiosink
>

> I'm sorry for silly questions but I tried with:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///path.mp4 name=play ! autovideosink play.
>
> and I got:
>
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: unexpected reference "play" - ignoring
>
> I read the playbin docs:
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-playbin.html
>
> and I cannot find any property called "name"

The "name" property is in the base class, GstObject. The problem here is
how the audio and video sinks are linked. Just try

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///path/to/mp4 name=play video-sink="autovideosink" audio-sink="autoaudiosink"

Or just omit the two sinks for the default behaviour, which is superior
to auto*sink.

Expertise, Straight from the Source