Details of using dvdreadsrc

Tim-Philipp Müller tim at centricular.net
Tue Jun 24 14:22:54 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 01:50 +0500, Nazar Hussain wrote:

Hi,

> I had been experimenting with a scenario to send a video steam over
> tcp from a dvd disk.
>

> First I was having problem in telling gstreamer about the device path
> of my dvd disk. Later I discovered this command gst-inspect-1.0
> dvdreadsrc wihch helps to identify the available options for
> dvdreadsrc.
>

> Now I can't connect this src to any of the demux or queue items, e.g.
> x264enc, rtph264pay, ffdec_h264
>

> What ever I tried to connect it says:
>

> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dvdreadsrc0 to ....
>
> Is there any guide or help available which can explain these details
> about dvdreadsrc.

Could you provide us the exact pipeline(s) you've tried and the error
message(s) you get for those?

'could not link' usually means there was a mismatch between the
supported caps. E.g. dvdreadsrc will output an MPEG2-PS stream, you will
usually want a demuxer after that, depends on what you're doing of
course. The more information/context you provide, the easier it is for
us to help.

Cheers
 -Tim