Retreive pipeline

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Thu Jun 26 00:23:27 PDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-06-23 at 16:57 +0200, Marco Trapanese wrote:
> Il 23/06/2014 15:29, Sebastian Dröge ha scritto:
> > The "name" property is in the base class, GstObject. The problem here
> > is how the audio and video sinks are linked. Just try gst-launch-1.0
> > playbin uri=file:///path/to/mp4 name=play video-sink="autovideosink"
> > audio-sink="autoaudiosink" Or just omit the two sinks for the default
> > behaviour, which is superior to auto*sink.
>

> Great!
> Now it works, with or without the video-sink. It works even without
> name=play.
>
> Back to the original question, now that I have a working pipeline I want
> to change the saturation.
>
> As far as I understand the docs, I should issue:
>
> gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///path/to/mp4
> video-filter="videobalance saturation=0.0"
>
> but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong because it returns a lot of errors! :-)

You can just use the GstColorBalance interface on playbin to change the
saturation, hue, brightness and contrast. No need to add a custom filter
to the pipeline.

But the above pipeline works for me too, just that you'll have an
additional element in your pipeline that is unneeded. How does it fail
for you, what kind of errors do you get?

Expertise, Straight from the Source