udpsink to specific interface

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Mar 2 04:43:56 PST 2014

On Sa, 2014-03-01 at 13:48 -0800, Joseph Olivier wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer about the (looks like new in 1.1) "bind-address"
> variable. I'm still stuck on 0.10-era code because of processor-specific
> plugins. But I'll definitely be able to check out the newer code.

The new 1.x versions of the UDP plugin are using GIO and GSocket for all
the networking code... which means that backporting these changes will
require some more work than just applying the same code to the 0.10
version. OTOH it won't be very difficult either.

But we would really recommend you to upgrade to 1.x if somehow possible
and request 1.x support from your hardware provider.

> It didn't
> look like that property was available because the documentation (
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/)
> is still on 1.0.

The properties are available on the base class of udpsink, multiudpsink:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-good-plugins/html/gst-plugins-good-plugins-multiudpsink.html#GstMultiUDPSink--bind-address

Not very intuitive in the documentation indeed.

Expertise, Straight from the Source