How can I get to know whether a element get my data or not

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Mon Mar 3 07:50:02 PST 2014

Le lundi 03 mars 2014 à 06:56 -0800, Ugly Face a écrit :

> 2. I do not know what to share . Maybe the code?

That works to help me understand. So first, I guess you already have
tested that your mp4 file is valid ?

Do that pipeline works ?
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=a.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse !
ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink

Now, the problem here, assuming what I just mention works, is that to
test it the way you want, you would have to implement a full ISOMP4
demuxer. You clearly don't want to do that, neither you want to write a
parser.

What wasn't clear so far, is the stream format that you want to test
through appsrc. From the test code, you seems to aim at byte stream
(hence no codec-data). An MP4 muxed files contains AVC stream, so you
already have something incompatible here.

Imho, if you really want to do that test using GStreamer to learn usage
of appsr, I would suggest to use two pipeline. First pipeline:

"filesrc location=foo.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse !
video/x-h264,stream-format=avc ! appsink"

Then hook the appsink, and send over to appsrc:

"appsrc ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! xvimagsink"

Make sure to enable some debugging, in the likely case you do something
wrong, you'll see it, try GST_DEBUG=2 or more, or maybe
GST_DEBUG=h264parse:5.

good luck,
Nicolas

for the Android part, you'll find a good deal of the solution out there:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20475332/mediacodec-h264-encoder-not-working-on-snapdragon-800-devices