Decryptor Element Seeking

MartinK martin.kohn at fortiumtech.com
Mon Mar 3 08:13:24 PST 2014

Hi.I have written an element that decrypts an encrypted video file. The
encrypted file consist of a header block followed by an encrypted version of
the original unencrypted file. The difference in size between the original
file and the encrypted file is just the size of the header block. The
decryptor element strips the header from its first buffer and pushes a new
buffer out to its src pad. The new buffer is smaller than the input buffer
by the size of the header block. All remaining output buffers are the same
size as the input buffer. The input buffer is unreffed (discarded). The
element works fine when playing the encrypted file right through.  However,
when seeking (using totem), the pipeline doesn't work (decoding errors). I
tried handling the seek event and incrementing  the Start field of the seek
event by the header block size and then passing the event upstream to the
source element. This didn't work though.Does anyone have any idea what I
should do to get seeking to work properly for my decryptor element?Regards,
Martin