converting videocrop to use VideoCropMeta

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Mar 4 08:52:32 PST 2014

Le mardi 04 mars 2014 à 11:12 -0500, Stirling Westrup a écrit :

> For what its worth, I'm doing video-wall work, where each of 4, 9, or
> 16 monitors shows one cropped area each of a video stream. Naturally,
> if I could just mark areas to show in the input video, and have each
> sink grab its own area of interest, then I wouldn't need to have 16
> streams which get individually cropped and border-added.

I've implemented a 2x2 video-wall using 5 RPi using only videocrop with
a single stream (obviously that technique mean each RPI receive a
quarter HD stream). I had a copy obviously because I didn't have time to
improve videocrop to offload cropping to the eglglesink. The videocrop
API (hence the CropMeta) where completly sufficient. Can you explain why
in your wall design you need to add black borders ?

cheers,
Nicolas