gst-rtsp-server appsrc switch video

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Mar 5 09:26:10 PST 2014

Le mercredi 05 mars 2014 à 11:51 -0500, Eloi Bail a écrit :
> I am able to run it on file1 but file2 can not be rendered on client
> -side. I check with wireshark and see that RTP packet are still
> transmitted when streaming file2 with timestamp correct.  I check that
> the PTS is correctly incremented at file2.

In the suggested pipeline you have no control over the timestamp. So
what probably happens is that file2 timestamp restart from 0 (or some
start value, this depends on the files), which mean all packet will be
dropped at reception, as they are late. In element like hls, we insert
segment event that ensure timestamp are seen continuous.

Nicolas