How to install gst-vaapi on centos 6.4

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:43:52 PST 2014

You'll need to upgrade glib to at least 2.32. You will also need to install
the latest libva and the corresponding driver for your video card (ie,
libva-intel-drivers for intel).

You'll also need to upgrade your autotools to 2.66, as well as upgrading
any libraries that are dependencies of the above. I found that this caused
a LONG chain of dependency upgrades, and I strongly recommend always
installing the mininum requirement in each upgrade step to reduce cascading
upgrade needs. However, I was compiling all of gstreamer, not just
gstreamer-vaapi, so you may find things slightly easier than I did.

Basically though, I wouldn't recommend it, unless you enjoy a challenge.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:07 AM, Jaya <j.budihal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks ,Stirling Westrup.
>  I have a centos 6.4 and the hardware is haswell , guess i could use RHEL
> 7.0 instead of centos . But in generally what are the packages that need to
> be installed to get gst-Vaapi (on any OS) working?
>

> --

Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.
https://www.linkedin.com/e/fpf/77228