How to install gst-vaapi on centos 6.4

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Mar 5 14:13:07 PST 2014

When you start changing GLib and other rather fundamental packages, it is
very easy to trash a system. I don't think that you really can install some
of these packages into protected directories to have multiple versions
active concurrently. Maybe you can get away with it sometimes, but
sometimes you can't. Using a VM takes the risk away. I trashed a CentOS 6.0
VM system by downloading GLib 2.32.x and running config/make/make install
-> dead. I had to re-load from a snapshot and was very happy that I had the
option. It took me 2 minutes.