System.AccessViolationException when trying to load gstreamer libraries

Sven Baus s.baus86 at gmx.net
Thu Mar 6 09:53:52 PST 2014

Hello everybody,

I'm currently working on using gstreamer with gstreamer-sharp binding. I
have the gstreamer-sharp.dll, and figured out, that I should use

        [DllImport("kernel32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]

        private static extern void SetDllDirectory(string lpPathName);

on windows, in order to load the gstreamer libraries (modifing path doesn't
work). In order to work with gstreamer, I used the following code:

            SetDllDirectory("E:\\tmp\\bin\\");

Gst.Registry reg = Gst.Registry.Get();

        reg.ScanPath("E:\\tmp\\bin\\");

        Gst.Element element = Gst.Parse.Launch("playbin
uri=file:///E:/DJ/Sammlung neu/Bounce Bro Feat. Zorro Blakk - Starlit
Sky/Bounce Bro Feat. Zorro Blakk - Starlit Sky (Neotune Mix).mp3");

        element.SetState(Gst.State.Playing);

But I get an "System.AccessViolationException" when entering the line
"reg.Scanpath("E:\\tmp\\bin\\"). Anybody has an idea, what I'm doin wrong?!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sven Baus

s.baus86 at gmx.net

http://www.djfreezet.de