decoding multiple concurrent RTP media streams

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Fri Mar 7 14:57:31 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-05 at 16:44 -0500, Chuck Crisler wrote:
> How would one construct a pipeline to decode multiple concurrent media
> streams (perhaps audio/video/video) sent to the same IP addr/port
> using different payload types? Assume that some mechanism (SIP/SDP?)
> had been used to establish the requisite information. I believe that
> this is one of the intentions of RTP.

rtpbin will output you a separate port for each SSRC/Payload type
combination.

This exact kind of use-case is currently being discussed by the IETF
people around WebRTC.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multiplex-guidelines-02
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-multi-media-rtp-session-05

--