Trouble installing GST-Plugins-Good

Reid Blondell rebncs at ntid.rit.edu
Fri Mar 7 22:49:32 PST 2014

I am trying to implement Matterhorn, another open-source project that uses GStreamer. I am using their recommended hardware: an Epiphan VGA2USB, and the device's driver functions and captures via the hardware manufacturer's POC GUI app. The Matterhorn people have sent me back to the GStreamer project because I am getting an error that was resolved in your build referenced in the group message:
    https://groups.google.com/a/opencast.org/forum/#!msg/matterhorn-users/P6oWB_uvUmI/HneYDvp1LMAJ
("Failed to query norm on device")

In that conversation, a specific fix is mentioned, in Line 204 of /sys/v4l2src/v4l2calls.c/. When I do the following, I appear to download a version of your library that already has that fix in place:
----
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer
cd gstreamer
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo make
cd ..
----
(All good so far, FYI... the MAKE is successful)
----
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good
cd gst-plugins-good
sudo ./autogen.sh
---
However, when I do so, the autogen script for the plugins ends up with the following error:
---
configure: Requested 'gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.3.0.1' but version of GStreamer is 1.2.0
configure: error: no gstreamer-1.0 >= 1.3.0.1 (GStreamer) found
  configure failed
---
I cannot seem to get the gst-plugins-good autogen script to recognize that I have already installed the current branch (?) of the gstreamer libraries. I don't care if I have the stable branch or not, I just want something that works as a proof of concept and works around the issue mentioned in the discussion group above. Could you please help?

    //Reid