RTSP query parameters

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué aconchillo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 23:34:39 PDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Zvika Ashani <z.ashani at agentvi.com> wrote:
> I’m using gst-rtsp-server-1.2.3. I need to pass query parameters in the rtsp
> request from the client. My pipeline is using a appsrc filter and I’m
> subscribing to the “media-configure” event of the factory. Is there a way
> for me to retrieve the query parameters from within the media-configure
> callback in order to properly setup my source?

I don't think you can access the URI query in the media-configure
signal. Did you subclass the media factory? I assume you didn't,
because otherwise you would have access to the query from the
construct or create_element vmethods.

I would suggest you subclass media factory and then implement
create_element which would return a GstBin with a pay0 or dynpay0 (or
pay1 or dynpay1, etc.) element. This element could be another bin with
your appsrc, a decoder if needed and the rtp payloader inside.

Aleix