Problem with H264 over RTP with input-selector

Weavel weavel37 at yahoo.fr
Tue Mar 11 12:47:02 PDT 2014

Hi people,

I'm working on an application that is similar to a proxy rtsp but with the
possibility to select input. In my exemple, i have three src and one of them
is a rtspsrc.

I'm working on Gstreamer-1.2.3 (with all plugins with it and
rtsp-server-1.2.3) under Debian 3.4.0.2.

I've taken the example of input-selector.c and have more developped the
pipeline.

So the pipeline is

"rtspsrc protocols=GST_RTSP_LOWER_TRANS_TCP latency=500 timeout=1
buffer-mode=1 location=rtsp://10.1.100.100:8554/stream name=src1 "
	" ! rtph264depay "
	" ! avdec_h264 "
	" ! identity name=sink2_sync sync=true ! input-selector name=video_switch
sync-streams=true "

	"videotestsrc pattern=18 name=src2 ! identity name=sink0_sync sync=true !
video_switch. "
	"videotestsrc pattern=3 name=src3 ! identity name=sink1_sync sync=true !
video_switch. "

	" video_switch. ! identity name=identity-segment silent=true
single-segment=true "
	" ! x264enc "
	" ! h264parse "
	" ! rtph264pay name=pay0 pt=96 "

I managed to add all what was needed to make a rtsp server (factory, server,
mount, creating session...). It works fine for only one source.

I do have the switching of the sink on the video_switch but on my payload it
doesn't seems to have effect. I already tested with xvimagesink, and it
works perfectly.

I did mess around with caps (byte-stream, ...) and pads, or re-organized my
pipeline, but i have only 1 video on the rtsp media. I also tried with
rtmpsink and flvmux but no success.

I have no errors or warnings. I can add the code later if needed but i can't
for today :( .

Any hint or help is welcome.

Thanks and regards.

Weavel