Overlay without major performance hit?

Adrien Schwartzentruber adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 02:34:24 PDT 2014

One of the limitation with the cairooverlay element is that it require RGB
format, so it will always downgrade your pipeline speed (if convert is
needed, that is usually the case). This fact, is due to the under cairo
image format limitation.

I think that the solution depends of what king of content you want to add
to the stream. How complex ? Static ?

I never tried, but I think that you can compose images with opengl element.
If I was you, I will try to look in this direction.