Overlay without major performance hit?

Sat Mar 15 04:38:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

I suggest to use an hw accelerated overlay, take a look here:

https://github.com/popcornmix/omxplayer/blob/master/SubtitleRenderer.cpp#L391

eglglessink use 0 as layer value, you have to use a value > 0 to display
the overlay on the top of the one created by eglglessink,

I'm not aware of any gstreamer element that do this, you have to create
the overlay manually or create a new gstreamer element for that

Nicola