videorate element that supports h264

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Mon Mar 17 10:34:45 PDT 2014

The problem is that decoding/encoding is the only way to adjust the
framerate. Unless every frame is an I-Frame (can cause problems - carefully
consider before doing) if you discard frames then you 'break' the decoding
process because there are dependencies on the previous frames, some of
which were discarded. It can 'work' but you end up with decoding artifacts,
up to complete decoding failure.