iOS: arm64 support

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Mar 18 02:07:08 PDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-03-17 at 21:27 +0000, Michael McNamara wrote:
> Are there any current plans to support arm64 builds for iOS in the future?  I'm guessing it's not quite as easy as adding a:
>
> target_arch==Architecture.ARM64
> arch_cflags='-arch arm64 -mcpu=cortex-a8 -pipe'
>
> To the ios.config file and modifying the cross-ios-universal.cbc appropriately.

It would be a good starting point though. Additionally you will also
have to add an enum value for ARM64 to cerbero/enums.py of course... and
then start the build and fix all the build failures caused by software
not supporting ARM64 properly yet (hopefully not too many).

Expertise, Straight from the Source