gstreamer-vaapi tests breaking

Subodh Chiwate subodh.austin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 04:40:46 PDT 2014

Hi,
I am new to gstreamer. I am trying to build the vaapi plugins from source
for 0.5.8 stable branch. The code builds without any error.
But when I try to run test cases , I get following output

~/Downloads/gstreamer-vaapi-0.5.8/tests$ libtool --mode=execute
./test-decode
Test decode
libva info: VA-API version 0.34.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_32
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
Using x11 video output
Decode h264 sample frame

** (lt-test-decode:26600): ERROR **: could not get decoded surface
Trace/breakpoint trap

I suspect it is an error due to misconfiguration or incorrect use to of the
tools.
Please guide me building and testing the vaapi plugins.
Thanks in advance.

--
Regards
Subodh