udpsink bug (?) on windows

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Thu Mar 20 08:43:10 PDT 2014

Le jeudi 20 mars 2014 à 00:58 -0700, Dudi.r a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I was reading about it and tried this pipeline:
>

> gst-launch-0.10  videotestsrc ! x264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink
> host=127.0.0.1 *force-ipv4=true*  port=5000
>
> and I got warning:
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no property "force-ipv4" in element "udpsink0"

 This option was introduced in 1.0, but was quickly deprecated,
gst-inspect-1.0 will give you "Forcing the use of an IPv4 socket
(DEPRECATED, has no effect anymore)". I think it is detected from the
bind-address these days, but unsure. Again, if you are using latest
GStreamer 1.2 stable, and is having issues with udpsink, and proper
instructions to reproduce the issue please file a bug. There is indeed
very few developer these days using Windows, hence it is likely that
some maintenance is needed. Note that udpsink highly depends on GLib,
make sure you also build against a recent version of GLib. We do think
the one shipped in the pre-built packages works.

Nicolas

p.s. packages for windows are there
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/windows/1.2.3/