mp4dashmux

Terry Neill t.neill at btinternet.com
Fri Mar 21 01:50:42 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

We are trying to use the mp4dashmux elements (downloaded the latest version
from github) and we are having some issues.

When we build a gstreamer (version 1.1.4) pipeline that uses mp4dashmux and
dashsink elements. For the configuration that we have, the m4s files created
work perfectly with MP4Client.  The pipeline that we are using is:

./gst-launch-1.0 -v -e videotestsrc num-buffers=3000 ! x264enc ! mp4dashmux
fragment-method=1 ! dashsink output-directory=/home/steve/dashTest/dash20/
base-url="http://localhost/dashtest/"

When we try to playback the resulting output with the dashif.org reference
client (http://dashif.org/reference/players/javascript/1.0.0/index.html)
(which we have installed locally), we find that the video does not play and
the error “Video Element Error: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED” is reported
from the Chrome browser console.

To debug the problem, we have compared the output from the above pipeline
with the output generated using the GPAC tools (which works with the dashif
reference client).  The problem seems to be related to the MP4 wrapper.
When we do a dump of the MP4 files using MP4Box –diso, we see the following
error:

<UnknownBox>
<BoxInfo Size="731" UUID="{00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000}"/>
</UnknownBox>

We would like to debug this further but are at a loss as to where we should
look next.

Do the mp4dashmux/dashsink elements produce output that will work with the
dashif.org reference client?  If so, has anyone a pipepline or a set of
configuration parameters that will work with the dash reference client?

Any help would be appreciated as we are not sure what to try next,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Terry