mp4dashmux

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 10:36:56 PDT 2014

> Hi folks,
>
> We are trying to use the mp4dashmux elements (downloaded the latest version
> from github) and we are having some issues.
>
> When we build a gstreamer (version 1.1.4) pipeline that uses mp4dashmux and
> dashsink elements. For the configuration that we have, the m4s files
> created
> work perfectly with MP4Client.  The pipeline that we are using is:
>
> ./gst-launch-1.0 -v -e videotestsrc num-buffers=3000 ! x264enc ! mp4dashmux
> fragment-method=1 ! dashsink output-directory=/home/steve/dashTest/dash20/
> base-url="http://localhost/dashtest/"
>
> When we try to playback the resulting output with the dashif.org reference
> client (http://dashif.org/reference/players/javascript/1.0.0/index.html)
> (which we have installed locally), we find that the video does not play and
> the error "Video Element Error: MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED" is reported
> from the Chrome browser console.
>
> To debug the problem, we have compared the output from the above pipeline
> with the output generated using the GPAC tools (which works with the dashif
> reference client).  The problem seems to be related to the MP4 wrapper.
> When we do a dump of the MP4 files using MP4Box -diso, we see the following
> error:
>

> <UnknownBox>
> <BoxInfo Size="731" UUID="{00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000}"/>
> </UnknownBox>
>
> We would like to debug this further but are at a loss as to where we should
> look next.
>
> Do the mp4dashmux/dashsink elements produce output that will work with the
> dashif.org reference client?  If so, has anyone a pipepline or a set of
> configuration parameters that will work with the dash reference client?
>
> Any help would be appreciated as we are not sure what to try next,

It might be possible that the stream is not 100% compliant, I have only
tested playback with GStreamer and VLC and it worked, but there must be
something missing if you can't play it back with the reference player.
Anyway the sink is not yet in a state where it can be used in production,
somethings are still missing like proper support for live.
If you can figure out what's wrong, comment on the bug report for the DASH
sink and I will try to fix it.

Andoni

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,