GStreamer-1.0 for RedHat

Tue Mar 25 15:42:47 PDT 2014

Il 25/03/2014 14:57, Wim Taymans ha scritto:
> Yes, there don't seem to be packages available for RHEL6. Building
> from source in a prefix (glib and probably others needs to be upgraded
> too) seems to be the best option.

I use this approach with no problems, a big plus vs rpms is that you can
update gstreamer shipped with your application without affecting system
packages and the sysadmin can update system packages without break your
gstreamer application, I think this is definitely the approach to use
and I deploy my applications this way even on distro that provide a
recent enough gstreamer packages,

I think cerbero build system support redhat 6.x however I never used it
on linux,

Nicola