decklink plugin

David Röthlisberger david at rothlis.net
Wed Mar 26 00:50:29 PDT 2014

On 25 Mar 2014, at 13:23, Krzysztof Borowczyk <k.borowczyk at samsung.com> wrote:
> Recently I was trying to capture video from HDMI with Intensity Pro card. I installed the latest drivers from Blackmagic.
> Capturing with their software works well, but when I tried to use GStreamer I get a very low framerate (aroud 1-2 frames / sec.).
>
> [...]
>
> The command used is:
> gst-launch-1.0 decklinksrc mode=9 connection=1 device-number=0 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink
>
> Can you tell me, if this is caused by the decklinksrc? Or is there a possibility, that the videoconvert slows things that much?

Try turning on debug for the decklinksrc:

    GST_DEBUG=decklinksrc:6 gst-launch-1.0 ...

That will tell you if it is having to drop frames because the pipeline
isn't receiving them fast enough. If that's the case try adding a queue
after decklinksrc (?).

You could also try "autovideosink sync=false" and see what happens (you
probably don't want to do that in practice, but trying it might give some
insight as to what's causing your low framerate).

Maybe also try with fakesink, to eliminate videoconvert and your video
sink from the equation: gst-launch-1.0 decklinksrc mode=... ! fakesink